Newquay Sports Centre– Creating Immersive LED Strip Experiences
Lighting has the power to transform spaces, shaping the way we perceive and interact with our surroundings. Whether it’s a cosy reading nook, a vibrant art gallery, or a bustling city street, lighting sets the mood and atmosphere, influencing both aesthetics and functionality.
A perfect example of this in action is the lighting installation we provided for Newquay Sports Centre in Cornwall with our VEGAS LED Strip. Our client wanted a modern lighting solution for their spin class, and we knew exactly what would satisfy their requirements.
110m LED Strip, Single Point of Control, 2 Week Turnaround
Lighting Design Means Knowing the Rules So You Know When to Break Them
Generally, when installing dotted LED strip, there are a few design guidelines to follow. For example, dotted light is understood to work best for concealed lighting fixtures, such as backlighting for a headboard, bar top, TV screen, table edge, mirror, etc. If the dotted LED strip is visible, then it would be common practice to use an extrusion with a diffuser to create a continuous light effect.
This is all good practice, but at ROBUS we tailor our lighting design to each environment and our client’s desired aesthetic. A spin class is a very distinct environment, providing a high-energy and dynamic experience while being equally demanding and exhilarating. What better way to match this sense of energetic continuous motion than with a dotted LED strip tunnel offering colour-changing capabilities?
Our in-house Lighting Design team knew that this industrial-style gym room was perfectly suited to the dotted effect of our VEGAS RGBW Strip.
What is VEGAS LED Strip?
VEGAS LED strip transformed this repurposed room into a truly unforgettable experience, so let’s delve into this lighting to see just how versatile it is:
- To match every aesthetic, VEGAS LED Strip comes in RGB, RGBW CCT1, white CCT1 and tunable white from 2700K to 6500K.
- Available in IP20 and IP67 for indoor and outdoor applications, it is suitable for many different environments such as bars and clubs, restaurants, displays, hotel and office receptions, showrooms, exhibition stands, step lighting, window dressing and, of course, gyms!
- This LED strip can be cut every 6 LEDs and reconnected as required. According to eFIXX, our LED strip connectors are the easiest to use on the market!
- LED density options are 30LED/m, 60LED/m and 120LED/m with a wide range of wattages from 4.8W/m to 19.2W/m.
- Put the power in your hands with our LED strip remote and wall-mounted controllers! These allow you to customise colour and dimming remotely, creating an atmosphere to suit your every mood.
How Was This LED Strip Lighting Design Achieved?
For this installation, we utilised 110m of VEGAS 14.4W/m LED Strip at 60LED/m, transforming a repurposed room into a truly unforgettable gym experience. Six drivers, three amps and three controllers were required to accomplish this lighting design while providing maximum customisability for our client. If you want to find out more about this particular LED strip make sure to visit our VEGAS 14.4W/m product page.
Interested in Working with Us?
ROBUS Project Engineer Ben Davis worked closely with Newquay Sports Centre to ensure the final result matched their vision. If you’re interested in working with us on your next lighting project, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly.
Don’t forget, if you have a time-sensitive project coming up our Cut-to-Length service can pre-cut, pre-solder and package LED strip to speed up your team’s installation time! Contact our Customised Conversions team to have a chat about this service by calling +353 1 709 9000 (option 2) or emailing email@example.com.